SugarCRM is an open source CRM software product that is written using the PHP scripting language. It is available in both free and commercial editions each designed to meet the CRM requirements of various types of organizations. Sugar Open Source the free edition of SugarCRM is best suited for small organizations where the number of users is less. On the other hand the commercial editions of SugarCRM are ideal for medium and large scale organizations. Both the free and commercial editions provide all the basic CRM functionalities such as lead tracking, sales management, project management, issue tracking etc. In addition to the basic CRM functionalities the SugarCRM outsourcing India commercial editions - Sugar Professional and Sugar Enterprise – provide additional features such as integration with Microsoft Outlook, sales forecasting, document management, access control, multiple deployment options, SQL reporting, offline client synchronization, support for Oracle 9i and 10g etc.
SugarCRM has easy to user browser based interfaces that can be easily customized to meet the requirements of individual organizations. Being an open source off-the-shelf-application, a wide variety of plug-ins and module are available, which can be integrated with the basic SugarCRM application to enhance its functionalities. The plug-ins are available through the SugarCRM support group, the Sugar Network. They can be can be easily integrated with the Sugar Open Source and Professional editions enabling them to be upgraded to the Sugar Enterprise edition.
SugarCRM has a flexible architecture and can easily be adapted and customized to meet individual requirements. Open Source Development offers to customize the SugarCRM application as per the requirements of individual clients. We possess the necessary expertise and experience to develop customized SugarCRM solutions.
Organizations can implement SugarCRM to streamline their CRM processes and take advantage of the host of features that SugarCRM has to offer. Some of the features of SugarCRM include the following:
- SugarCRM provides extensive sales management functionalities. Through various browser based interfaces sales managers can store, track and share sales data across the organization.
- Managers and provided with the facility to create and track multiple marketing campaigns. SugarCRM provides facilities to capture leads generated from the campaigns categorize them according to various attributes and assign them to various sales representatives.
- Details and history of all customer interactions can easily viewed and monitored in order to track customer issues.
- SugarCRM provides functionalities to generate detailed statistical reports thereby enabling the effective monitoring of activities and performance. Reports can be drilled down to view a detailed analysis.
- SugarCRM provides support for multiple languages.
- An administration module is provided with SugarCRM that enables the administrators to perform various system maintenance and administration tasks such as defining workflows, alerts, customizing form fields etc
- Provides extensive document management functionalities enabling the creation of a centralized document repository wherein users can store, organize and share documents
- Extensive safety and security features have been built in SugarCRM to allow the creation of different access levels and user roles in order to restrict access
- SugarCRM includes integrated RSS feeds enabling users to specify the content they wish to view
- Provides support for offline synchronization where users can work offline and update the data in the system when they logon to the network
- SugarCRM users can set their preferences an customize the display and layout of various interfaces in the application
- Discussion Forums can be integrated with the solution enabling users to easily share and exchange information on any topic
- SugarCRM includes plug-ins for Microsoft Word enabling the SugarCRM data to be accessed and used in letters etc
Solutions developed by Open Source Development
Open Source Development has customized SugarCRM development solutions for various clients. Some of the solutions include the following:
SugarCRM for real estate companies
Open Source Development customized Sugar Open source, commercial open source CRM to meet the CRM requirements of real estate companies for real estate web site development. The application was customized to enable the real estate agents to store and track details of prospective customers or leads. The application also provided real estate agents with the option to store and track the details of the converted clients. The Sugar Open Source application customized by Open Source Development provided the client with a real estate web development solution to improve customer satisfaction, business performance and overall productivity at a relatively low cost as compared to other commercial CRM software applications.
SugarCRM for a web hosting company
Open Source Development customized and implemented Sugar Open Source for a web hosting company. The application was customized to enable the client to store and track the details of the customers who have opted for their web hosting services. The application also enabled the client to keep track of the domain names issued to various customers. The scheduler option was customized to enable web hosting renewal reminder alerts to be sent to both the customers and the administrator. The solution developed by Open Source Development enabled the client to easily keep track of their customers and the run their business in a more effective and efficient manner.