Ruby on Rails is an open source web development framework that is written using the Ruby programming language. Ruby is an object oriented programming language similar to the Perl and Python programming languages. Ruby on Rails provides a framework which enables applications to be developed in a faster and simpler manner.
Applications developed using the Ruby on Rails framework can run on almost any web server that implements CGI or FastCGI. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle etc are some of the databases support by Ruby on Rails.
Ruby on Rails developer (Open Source Development) offers Ruby on Rails consulting services. Using Ruby on Rails application RoR developers develop database-driven Ruby on Rails applications for e-commerce websites, content management systems and provides custom web development, custom database solutions for outsource and offshore clients.
Ruby on Rails (RoR) includes features that help in increasing developer productivity. Some of the main features include the following:
- MVC architecture: Ruby on Rails is based on the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture that enables the data to be separated from presentation.
- Database Access Library: Ruby on Rails includes a database access library - Active Record that simplifies data handling in databases. Active Record automatically maps tables to classes and rows to objects.
- Libraries for common tasks: Ruby on Rails includes a host of libraries that simplify the coding of common programming tasks such as form validations, sessions management, etc.
- AJAX Library: An extensive library of AJAX functions is provided in the Rails framework. Ruby code can be used to generate AJAX code. The associated java scripting required for AJX gets generated automatically.
- Convention over configuration: Ruby on Rails does not have any XML configuration files. It includes simple programming conventions that can be used to specify the configuration parameters.
- Customized URL: Custom or Search Engine Friendly URLs can be developed using the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Debugging: Detailed error logs are provided, making it easier to debug applications.
- Components: Components can be used to store reusable code. Components can be included to modularize templates.
RoR Capabilities of Open Source Development
- RoR Web Application Development: Open Source Development develops many web based ROR applications ranging from developing business critical applications to social community portals etc. Some of the RoR applications developed by us are:
- Bespoke Applications
- Social Community Portals
- E-commerce applications
- Content management system
- SaaS Based applications
- Web 2.0 applications
- RoR Agile Development: With our expertise in Ruby on Rails (RoR), we offer to our clients ROR application development based on agile development model. Our Ruby programming services using Agile Web Development solutions ensure successful completion of product at the end of each iteration or Scrum.
- RoR Support and maintenance: Over the past years, our RoR developers have gained extensive hands-on experience in RoR application development, support and maintenance. We offer RoR support and maintenance services to not only our clients for whom we have developed solutions based on ROR but also many RoR projects developed by others teams for our clients.
Browse through our case studies for more information