Open Source Development offers its remote server administration and maintenance services to clients for Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Fedora Core based servers. The high cost involved in employing full time server administrator is a major deterrent for companies in hiring server administrators. This has resulted in an increase in demand for and growth of remote server administration services as a cost effective alternative to that of employing dedicated server administrators . Server administrators, operating from a remote location, access and administer the servers through administration control panels. All server administration activities ranging from installation of packages, to regular updates, and backup and restoration services can be performed through the control panels.
Services Within the domain of server administration, Open Source Development offers to administer and manage the following services:
- Consultation: Open Source Development offers consultancy services to clients regarding the optimum hardware and software configuration of the servers.
- Installation: Our installation services include setting up of the server as per the requirements, installing software packages and other third party applications, and installing the security patches.
- Monitoring: Our server administrators constantly monitor and track the performance of the servers and logs to ensure timely detection and prevention of problems. At Open Source Development, our team of server administrator perform and monitor the following activities: PING, DNS, HTTP Daemon, MySQL Daemon, PostgreSQL, FTP Daemon, SSH Daemon, POP3 and SMTP, load balancing, firewall administration.
- Upgrades: We perform regular updates as and when security updates and other upgrades are released for the operating system, administration control panels or any software application.
- Other Services: We also offer to perform complex administration tasks such as Kernel upgrades
At Open Source Development We offer administration services for the following operating systems:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4
- Fedora Core 1, 2, 3 and 4
We manage the administration of the above mentioned servers using any of the following GUI based administration control panels:
- Webmin, Usemin
Benefits The benefits of remote server administration services include the following:
- Cost Effective: Remote server administration is a cost effective solution as it does away with the need for organizations to hire full time server administrators.
- Specialized Expertise: Open Source Development team of server administrators are specialists within the domain and offer their services to clients enabling them to take full advantage of the knowledge and experience offered by our server administrators.
- Timely detection of problem areas: The constant monitoring and maintenance of the servers ensure timely detection of problem areas thereby enabling preventive measures to the taken. This also helps in the server always performing at its optimum.