phpAdsNew (now know as OpenAds 2.0) is an open source advertisement management software that is written using the PHP scripting language and has a MySQL database. phpAdsNew provides support for various platforms including Linux, Windows, BSD, Mac OSX etc. It is available under the GNU General Public License.
phpAdsNew enables websites to serve, track and monitor ads appearing on various web pages. An Admin Interface is provided using which the website administrators can easily cerate advertisement campaigns and can control and manage the ads appearing within them. The configuration parameters that will be used to serve the ads appearing on the website can be set by the administrators. They can create account for various advertisers and can create multiple ad campaign for each advertiser. Advertisers can be granted rights to access the Admin module and view and modify their associated campaigns. Various types of advertisement banners (in-house banners, paid banners, third party banners, flash banners, HTML banners, text banners) can be added to a campaign and display parameters for each campaign can be set.
To set the ad placement on the website, administrators can define advertisement zones within the website. Each zone can be associated with a campaign. All banners contained in the campaign will be displayed on the basis of the parameters set for the campaign.
phpAdsNew provides the administrators with the facility to generate the invocation code that will be used to display the advertisement banners in the associated zones. Based on the type of ad to be generated, the administrator can define various code parameters.
Extensive reporting modules are provided with phpAdsNew which enables both the website administrators and advertisers to monitor the campaigns and view the impression and click through statistics of each banner.
Open Source Development help clients in implementing phpAdsNew in their websites. We also offer to customize the software as per individual requirements.
phpAdsNew provides a host of features that provide for easy ad serving. Some of them include the following:
- Admin Module: Simple and easy to user browser based Admin module interface are provided using which administrators manage and server ads on their websites.
- Multiple Ad Types: phpAdsNew provides support for various types of advertisements such as pop-up ads, banner ads, text based ads, flash banners, HTML banner etc.
- In-built flash Editor: An in-built flash editor enables administrators to add the click-through URL to the flash banner. This enables the proper tracking of the flash advertisement.
- Ad Serving Parameters: The administrator has the facility to define the parameters for serving the ads thereby enabling them to run targeted advertisement campaigns. Some of the parameters based on which the ads can be served include keywords, date, speed of the internet connection, referring page, language, browser, operating system, number of exposures, country, region etc.
- Banner Invocation: The phpAdsNew software generates the ad script/code that can be included in the HTML code of the web pages to display the ads. Based on the type of ad to be served and the invocation method the ad script will be generated. phpAdsNew can also generate banner invocation code for non PHP websites.
- Third-party banners: phpAdsNew can also serve a combination of third-party ads, in-house ads as well as paid ads.
- Reports: Detailed statistics reports and graphs for each advertisement can be generated enabling the effective monitoring of the performance of the ad campaigns. Details such as number of views, click throughs, number of banners displayed etc can be generated. The option to download the reports in Excel and CSV formats is also provided in phpAdsNew.
The advantages of using phpAdsNew include the following:
- Deploying phpAdsNew makes it easy for websites to run advertisement campaigns thereby enabling them to generate revenue.
- phpAdsNew has a large online support and developer community. Updates and enhancements to the basic setup are available freely available.