LAMP is a bundle of software programs that provides a platform for developing and implementing web based applications.
The LAMP stack is based on open source products and includes all the components required to build dynamic web applications. These include: an operating system – Linux, a web server – Apache, a database – MySQL and a programming language – PHP.
- Linux: An open source operating system that is based on UNIX and runs on a wide variety of hardware. The Linux operating system can be configured and optimized for individual requirements. We outsource Linux remote server management and Linux server administration India.
- Apache: A web server that is compatible with various operating systems such as Linux, UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X etc. The Apache web server can be used to serve both static as well as dynamic web pages. Apache provides a host of features that assist in application development. Some of them include: SSL support to server secure web pages, GUI based server configuration interfaces, URL rewriter enabling the creation of search engine friendly URLs, detailed error log files, running of multiple websites from a singe Apache installation etc.
- MySQL: MySQL is one of the most popular open source relational database management systems that uses SQL to process data in a database.
- PHP: PHP is an open source server side scripting language that can be used to develop a whole range of dynamic web applications. PHP is based on an Object Oriented Architecture and most of its features, concepts and syntax are based on the C and Perl programming languages.
Components of the LAMP Architecture can be easily interchanged for other supported components. E.g. In place of PHP, Perl can be used as the scripting language. Similarly, PostgreSQL can be used as the database in place of MySQL. LAMP development companies India articulate and then deploy their strategies using their technical knowledge and skills to leverage expertise for qualitative business results.
LAMP is the ideal platform for dynamic websites development as it offers the following benefits:
- The cost of acquisition of the LAMP stack is low as compared to other software architecture bundles. LAMP development companies India are moving towards open source business solutions due to the fact that it is based on open source products that are available free of cost or at very low prices.
- Updates and improvements are available for the LAMP stack on a constant basis. A strong online developer and support community is available for open source applications that is constantly upgrading and developing new features and enhancements for the products.